The benefits of using a WordPress CMS
There are literally hundreds of content management systems (CMS) available – some are freely available off the internet and others that have been specially built by web design companies
. There is one system that is used by thousands of people around the world and it is user friendly and suitable for business owners who have little to no web knowledge and who wish to take control of their website – WordPress.It first started as a platform for blogs in 2003, but it has quickly evolved over the years and it is now a very powerful CMS. WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems (CMS) around and is used by bloggers and top companies around the world, including Ford, Sony, Samsung, Playstation, CNN, Ben & Jerry’s, educational institutions and many others.So if you are looking at designing a new website for your business and would like to get a CMS installed, we’ve included some reasons why you should consider WordPress.
- It’s open source, which means it’s free!
- It’s so easy to use. There is no HTML knowledge required
- Once the CMS is installed, you can start to add content, new pages and images straight away. It’s as easy as using Microsoft Word
- You don’t need to wait for the web designer to make the changes for you! Save money and do it yourself
- You can update your website from anywhere in the world through your web browser
- There are literally thousands of plugins you can install into the CMS, such as SEO, comments, Twitter and Facebook feed, rotating tag clouds, contact forms, video, Google maps, event calendars, photo galleries and more. The list goes on and on….
- It’s SEO friendly, which means the website can be fully optimised using a one-click plug-in
- If you have any questions or need help with the plugins or system, there is a community forum available, which gives you access to thousands of tutorials and experts are available to answer your questions.
- If your business is growing, WordPress can grow with you. You have the option to create extra pages or add plugins when required, for example, an events calendar, image galleries, booking systems, shopping carts, forums, newsletter plugins and more
- There are numerous resources, forums and websites dedicated to help businesses and web developers learn how to maximise WordPress. If businesses have any issues or questions about the system, there are many users online who are more than happy to assist